Sunday, December 4
Free admission (Free First Sunday)
We are delighted to partner again with the Worcester JCC and the Jewish Federation of Central MA for “Hanukkah at WAM!” Join us for a day-long Hanukkah celebration for all ages! Enjoy music, live cooking demonstrations, story times with PJ Library, art activities, and presentations on the history and traditions of this Jewish holiday.
- Potato Latke Cooking Demo and Tasting
11:30am, Museum Café
- Storytime with PJ Library
12pm, 12:45pm, 3pm; Nook in Education Wing (HEW)
- Docent tour of WAM’s festive decorations
1pm, Meet in Lancaster Lobby
- Talking Hands Theatre, World Premiere of Puppet Show “Hanukkats”
1:30pm, Conference Room
Pre-show Hanukkah chat with Rabbi Aviva Fellman, Congregation Beth Israel
- Docent tour of Jewels of the Nile
2:15pm, Meet in Lancaster Lobby
- Shir Joy Chorus of Massachusetts Performance
2:30pm, Renaissance Court
Pre-concert chat, “Is That How You Spell Hanukkah?” with Rabbi Valerie Cohen, Temple Emanuel Sinai
Ongoing Activities, 11am-3pm
- Art activities for all ages, abilities, and interests
Higgins Education Wing (HEW):
- Create and Design a Dreidel, Studio 101
- Create a Frosted Lantern, Studio 102
- Dreidel Games
Test your skills and win a Hanukkah Gelt chocolate coin!
- Scavenger Hunts
Pick up and turn in at Salisbury or Lancaster Entrances. Win a Dreidel Prize for completing the hunt.
- Ron Rosenstock Photography Slide Show, “A Celebration of Light”
Continuous showings, Hoche-Schofield Room in Higgins Education Wing (HEW)
Food & Shopping
- Acoustic Java at WAM
11:00am-3pm, Lancaster Lobby
Coffee cart offering espresso-based drinks and locally made pastries with vegan and gluten-free options.
- Grub Guru Food Truck
11am-2pm, Lancaster Street
- Vending Machines
10am-4pm, Museum Café
- Museum Shop
Complete your journey with a visit to The Museum Shop. Members receive 20% off in December. Join today.